Wireless headphones????

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tahiti, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Tahiti

Tahiti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am after a set of headphones for when I'm watching TV at night and don't want to turn the volume down.

As the TV's some distance away from the sofa, I was thinking that wireless headphones might be an idea.

The things is, I haven't a clue whether there are any decent ones available at any price, leave alone under £100! I would prefer to spend less...

I've seen Sennheiser wireless for £65 or thereabouts which seems good on the face of it, but I haven't the faintest idea what to look out for!

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Mr Crow

Mr Crow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Coincidentally, I have a set of Sennheiser wireless arriving today - once I've given 'em a good going over, I'll post back :)

3. 100949football

100949football

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi,
    I recently purchased set of Sennheiser RS65 and they are brilliant. They will work throughout your house and even out into the garden for music. For watching tv they are also excellent as they have the facility to output a kind of psuedo 5.1 surround sound. They are exactly what you are looking for.
    Sennhiesers can be purchased on Ebay for £35 - £70 easily. I got mine direct from a U.S. seller at £46 INCLUDING shipping which took all of eight days.

4. Tahiti

Tahiti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    excellent - things to look into, AND under budget - that's a first!

5. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    As Football has said if it's for watching the TV then the Senn's are good enough. Just go for the highest RS model number from Sennheiser that you can get and you will be ok. Also you may want to source from US for the double reason of Jan Sales and dollar vs Pound price. :smashin:

6. Tahiti

Tahiti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Reano. Will have a proper look into today.

7. Napster

Napster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If senny are doing wifi headphones id snap their hands off at the deal, they are bound to be as good as it gets. Other names to look out for are akg and neumans.