Quantcast

Wireless headphones for working from home (Calls too)

chrisleech

Standard Member
Hiya folks,

I'm now working from home and have some Sennheiser on ear headphones with pull down mouthpiece provided for work and but i fancy an upgrade to use as personal ones too.

Can anyone recommend some good quality Over ear headphones ideally with ANC and a mic for calls, better if it's internal rather than being a pull down one.
I bought some JBL's from Tesco for around £45 a short while ago and sent them back as the sound quality was really poor and the Noise Cancelling just slightly muffled outside sounds.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Chris

mushii

Distinguished Member
Chris as somebody who has worked from home for years, and who has XM3s I have found that headphones for calls suck for a number of reasons, but mainly because you cant hear yourself talk, so you have little reference on how loud you are talking. For best call quality I use a Plantronics Voyager 5200 - make a lot of international calls to the US, Europe, Philippines, Asia via cell phone and Skype and this headset has the best call quality of anything that I have tried. It allows connection to my PC and my Cell simultaneously via bluetoooth. I either have music on playing through my hifi, or swap headphones if I need noise cancelling (but having my own office at home I seldom need that). Also I dont want headphones over my ears for 8 hours, it is way too long. I dont even keep this bluetooth headset in for more than an hour or 2 at a time.

Others may have different experiences, but in general I dont recommend headphones for making calls or working with all day.

chrisleech

Standard Member
Thanks Mushii really useful advice, yes i wasn't thinking of spending anywhere near the price of XM3's unfortunately but something that's good for music, calls don't have to be that clear tbh as it's rare i am on the phone, also while i'm here i'll still have my work on ear ones as a backup if necessary...

mushii

Distinguished Member
Hmm there were some budget NC on ears reviewed on AVF a few weeks ago
Got pretty good reviews at the price

Top Bottom