• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless headphones and a DAC?

ktrianta

Standard Member
Hi all,

Very new here. My apologies, I'm a noob!! But love audio, just getting into things. I did a search extensively, and didn't really find anything that helped me out.

So, basically, the jist of it: do wireless headphones benefit from a DAC? Maybe a bit of background info.

I live in an apartment. I have noisy neighbours, but that's besides the point :). I picked up a pair of Sennheiser RS160s. They sound crystal clear, but right now I have them connected straight from the TV via a 3.5mm to the transmitter. I have a Samsung soundbar that has no audio output (only inputs..I run optical from my TV to the soundbar), so I can't use that.

I've been looking at the Maverick Audio TubeMagic DAC. I sent them an email asking questions, but they wrote back saying they recommend using wired headphones rather than wireless.

Anyone have any advice on how to best set things up? I'm willing to invest in a headphone amp, but not looking at a full blown A/V receiver. I'm just not sure if I'll get any improvement.

I appreciate any help!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom