Wireless HDMI for HTPC

DeejUK

Standard Member
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a wireless HDMI solution that would be suitable for a HTPC connected to a Yamaha RX-V675?

I've got my Windows 8 Media Centre HTPC on the first floor in the living room, and a TV on the opposite side of the house on the ground floor. I'm not really the DIY sort, so I'm loth to run long cables under the flooring.

I was hoping there'd be a decent wireless HDMI solution available by now. I tried an HDJuiceBox which was utterly woeful.

Media Centre can be a bit funny with HDMI handshakes: video driver errors when turning the amp on and off, that sort of thing. If there's anything that people know that would cope with Media Centre's delicate temperament, that'd be great.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I was hoping there'd be a decent wireless HDMI solution available by now' - you are not alone, unfortunately one hasn't arrived as yet!

Add a Networked Media Streamer as a local Source hard wired to the TV and stream wirelessly between the Media Centre and the Streamer.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom