Wireless gaming keyboard

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Alaric, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Hi Guys,

Have a home cinema rig, which i run a HTPC on and i've played LOTR2 and just got Prey (ace game, though on a 96" 4:3 diagonal makes me quezey after a few hours)....Anyway the PC is outside the room, so i'm curently using a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse and wondered if there was a better set-up. I like the look of the zboard (removable key maps) but its wired from what i know....Anyway what are people using / recomend ?

Ta,
    Lee

2. Dunwa

Dunwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I think you'll find that most "gaming" equipment is wired due to the instant response times needed. Although i'm also in the market for a wireless keyboards and i'm having the same thoughts as yourself.

3. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    Yep totally agree, I use a Logitech DiNovo, the laptop version, it's the same size as the desktop one but uses wireless instead of bluetooth, already have a dongle for that, it's silver and black and cheaper. Works fine for all my games but because the keys are flat like a laptops it can be a bit fiddly. But logitech are one of the best for cordless stuff however there is a new RAZOR keyboard comming out that isn't wireless, but will have Ipod docking built in and a host of other features that may make me change.
    You can use the G7 mouse for games without any worries, maybe Logitech will launch a gaming wireless keyboard yet?
    I feel sorry for you Alaric, I got queesy using my 17" monitor playing that game, play it for an hour then stop and get up and your brain can't work out where it is ha ha.
    I wouldn't consider myself at a pro level where the slightest split second is going to make a difference to my fraging, the best games keyboards are the old ones with metal bases you used to get, there's a particular make that I can't remember that cost a fortune second hand on ebay.