Wireless extender to work with Devolo dLAN Highspeed II Homeplugs (85mbps)?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Upya, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Upya

Upya
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently took advantage of the great offer Currys was doing for the twin packs of Devolo Highspeed II (85 Mbps) homeplugs, as I am getting a new Sky+ HD box fitted next week and I wanted to take advantage of the new Anytime function, but my sky box is situated upstairs and my router downstair and I didn't want unsightly cables everywhere.

As these were on offer for £19.99 a box, I bought a couple as I thought I would also plug the PS3 into one and the kids tv (in order to stream movies from the main pc to their bedroom).

I have plugged them in tonight and I can't believe how easy they are to install and use! I live in an old house with thick walls and the wireless signal in my kitchen is awful, so I would like to install a wireless extender in there, in order to connect my laptop and mobile phones to the internet more reliably.

I was hoping to just buy a Devolo wireless extender and plug this in to work with the existing homeplugs, however it seems that these have now been discontinued. So I wondered if there was an other products I could use with the Devolo homeplugs that are compatible and if anyone had any recommendations, or if there was an other way for my to do it?

Any help you can give me, will be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks in advance.