Wireless doorbells

Does anyone have or know a decent wireless doorbell. The one I had before was not a good advert for WDBs. There was a considerable delay between the button press and chime and it could have done with being more audible too. Are there any suggestions anyway about being alerted to someone at your door? I was wondering why there isnt a way of being alerted by your landline.

fizl

The one I have from Argos is fine, just make sure you get one where you can change the channel, for a while I was answering the door when someone visted a few houses away

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Get the one from Asda that has a barking dog chime :smashin:

Definitely get a mains powered one, the batteries drain in our one really quickly because the postie rings it every day because he leaves letters on the door step rather than the letter box :confused:

Emulous

This is mine, and its free...

Sorry, Ive already got my coat.

tvbox

Distinguished Member
Quite loud, quality sound, and looks nice. Very handy speaker can be taken everywhere round the house, and can be put back on the base station, but it's loud enough anyway. Basically like a cordless phone. The button is also black and stands out on our white upvc door.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11348062
I got it for £30, but you could look around online.

Thanks for all your replies and I now have a couple of choices I am looking at.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Did you buy one eventually? It's something I might be looking at buying soon.

Yes, I bought a Byron SX81 which came with a plug in and also a portable ringer. Very pleased though I wish it had different choices or customisable ring tones.

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
freidland as well chime is nice and loud battery life is great and only cost me £24 most of all reliable works everytime

HMHB

Distinguished Member
freidland as well chime is nice and loud battery life is great and only cost me £24 most of all reliable works everytime

Do you remember where you got it for that price? It looks a lot more than that on Amazon.

MIghtyG

I got a wireless door bell system free with my house...only problem with it is some other folk in the street near by have the same system on the same frequency....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett