Wireless dongle query

Hors1na

Prominent Member
Reaction score
On that ledge just under the broken window by that
Hi Guys, not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but is it possible to get online using a wireless usb dongle? Your help would greatly be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Hi Guys, not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but is it possible to get online using a wireless usb dongle? Your help would greatly be appreciated.:thumbsup:

The only USB one you can use is the official MS Xbox 360 one which has an MSRP of £59.99 although you may find it cheaper. Other then that you can use any ethernet based wireless gaming adapters/network bridges by companies like Belkin, Netgear, Linksys etc.

So you can't use the wireless dongles that Mobile telephone providers supply, such as vodaphone or orange?

Is there no way to plug it into the x-box, as I don't have a pc!:eek:

So you can't use the wireless dongles that Mobile telephone providers supply, such as vodaphone or orange?

Is there no way to plug it into the x-box, as I don't have a pc!:eek:

Unfortunately not. The 360 won't recognise them as they are not compatible with it. You don't need a PC to get a wireless connection with the 360 in any case. As long as you have a wireless router and the official USB dongle or wireless ethernet gaming adapter you should be able to get it online. You may need to borrow a PC or laptop to configure the router though.

No, you can use them via internet connection sharing, but the lag on mobile broadband is stupidly severe. And you need a PC to enable internet connection sharing.

Nope, and nor would you either.

Mobile broadband isnt made for gaming. Latency is too high I'm afraid.

Slim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom