• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless dongle query

Hors1na

Hi Guys, not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but is it possible to get online using a wireless usb dongle? Your help would greatly be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys, not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but is it possible to get online using a wireless usb dongle? Your help would greatly be appreciated.:thumbsup:

The only USB one you can use is the official MS Xbox 360 one which has an MSRP of £59.99 although you may find it cheaper. Other then that you can use any ethernet based wireless gaming adapters/network bridges by companies like Belkin, Netgear, Linksys etc.

Hors1na

So you can't use the wireless dongles that Mobile telephone providers supply, such as vodaphone or orange?

Is there no way to plug it into the x-box, as I don't have a pc!:eek:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
So you can't use the wireless dongles that Mobile telephone providers supply, such as vodaphone or orange?

Is there no way to plug it into the x-box, as I don't have a pc!:eek:

Unfortunately not. The 360 won't recognise them as they are not compatible with it. You don't need a PC to get a wireless connection with the 360 in any case. As long as you have a wireless router and the official USB dongle or wireless ethernet gaming adapter you should be able to get it online. You may need to borrow a PC or laptop to configure the router though.

Morphies

No, you can use them via internet connection sharing, but the lag on mobile broadband is stupidly severe. And you need a PC to enable internet connection sharing.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom