1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Controllers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by loonatic, Dec 30, 2003.

1. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I am thinking about getting wireless controllers for my consoles - 1 for each, others can still use the wired ones :D

What do you guys have ? and would you recommend them ? or are they not as good/responsive as the wired versions ?

Also how are they in terms of battery use ?

Cheers, Lee

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using this for the xbox.

No problems so far & quite happy with performance/functionality. Not too worried about battery life - have 2300mA/hr rechargables if it eats alkalines.

:smoke:

3. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a PS2 and Ive ordered the Hori Anashin 2 from PlayAsia.com. I chose this because apparently its endorsed by Sony.

An alternative import model would be the Airstyle W-Shock.

Ive also seen one in Dixons called something like 'Tournament'... I think the controller had its own charger and dock - which I thought was quite good.

4. dj898

dj898

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i use following orders.

xbox - Cosmo RF wireless
    gamecube - Wavebird
    Saturn - turbo IR wireless
    DC - IR wireless (forgot what it's called)

battery life is quite good on Wavebird and reasonable for Cosmo.
    I keep bunch of rechargeable batteries so it's not a big deal as I always have charged batteries around.

cheers

5. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Another vote for the wavebird, nothing else I have tested on this or any other console comes closefor reliability.

For PS2 I own a 4 Gamers RF pad and would not recommend it. For starters it's too big, the D-pad is unresponsive, the plastic it's made from has the most horrible feel to it, and if you leave it alone for 30 seconds it seems to go into a sleep mode. As you can guess this is not good after a cut scene has played, you get thrown into the action only to find the fire button won't work unless you warm it up by frantic button bashing. By which time your usually dead.

6. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Cosmo for the xbox, no problems with it at all, when sitting about 4m from the xbox (and reciever) itself. It's also a similar size / shape to the S controller.

7. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    wow, that really isn't very cheap, is it..

8. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got 2 wavebirds for the cube, can't really have wired ones coz the consoles behind where I sit, they're fantastic, not had any problem with them at all. Just remember to turn them off when not in use so you don't cane the batteries!!

9. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I use the Hori PS-2 stick and Wavebird. Looking for a Xbox solution that gives wireless to the headset also. Kramer does the controller you are using have headset ports?

Regards,
    Neil

10. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've now got a couple of the Pelican Eclipse wireless controllers for the Xbox. They're no good for Live, as the memory card slots are in the receiver, but they do work really well and are cheaper than most of the wireless alternatives. Come out at about £28 from DVD Box Office.

IGN have reviews of three wireless controllers for the Xbox. Doesn't look like they've come across one yet that's any good for Live use with the headset.

EffTee

11. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I'm not Kramer but can state that no it doesn't. Kramer is using the Logitech one, as I am, and unfortunately, as with all others I believe, the headset port is attached to the input lead and sits next to the Xbox - unfortunately.

I too am waiting for someone to bring out a cordless controller with cordless headset (maybe bluetooth) option.

12. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Kramer's using the Logitech one becasue you are :eek:. Picked it up in Northampton before our journey home after playing with yours :smashin:

I'm sure someone will bring out a "live" compatible wireless controller (Logitech add-on perhaps?) before long.

:smoke:

13. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl:

Yes you are :D

I was simply stating that I'd acquired the Logitech controller after you gave me a go on yours, nothing more.

It was actually meant as a compliment/thank you. I wouldn't have even thought about getting one if it hadn't been for you. I'd probably still be tripping over trailing cables now.

So, just to clarify, nothing "touchy" intended, just being friendly & thankful.

:)

14. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hope you're not suggesting I caused you to spend the money on one :eek: Although I always enjoy spending other people's money. best way isn't it? :D

15. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I just re-read and realised i had mis-read (mis-interpreted) so removed the post and added a new one (actually before you added the above). Sorry :blush:

That's waht comes from reading a post too quickly and shows how easily text can be mis-interptreted. Double :blush: :blush:

16. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's exactly what I'm suggesting :D

In this instance though, I'm glad you did. Very happy with the Logitech :smashin: As I say, I'd probably be in traction now only for you having tripped over a trailing cable from my (wired) xbox controller.

There's a pint here in my local waiting for you :smashin:

17. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for all the reply's and recommendations :smashin:

Went to my local Comet just to get a look at the various pads and I think I'll be getting the Logitech versions for both XBOX and Playstation and a Wavebird for my Gamecube.

I've not yet dared to try XBOX Live for fear of getting addicted so that's not a problem for me...yet !!

Cheers, Lee

18. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Good idea, cos you will. Wish I'd had that resolve before I got my Live account :eek:

19. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I have just linked up with Live and cant stop playing Links 2004. I must have dedicted my whole holiday to the Xbox. I never thought Live would get me hooked as what it has!!!:mad: