• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless controller flashing ring

chris.coops

Standard Member
Hi all,
The ring around the guide button has recently started flashing (as if it's rotating round the guide button) and it's really beginning to annoy me.

I read through the FAQs on the xbox website and they suggest something may be inteferring with the signal. I believe the controller uses bluetooth, which I think is on the 2.4Ghz range.
My wireless router is close to my xbox, within 1m, so thought that could be inteferring. I switched off the wireless aerial, to test if this was inteferring but it hasn't made any difference.
The only other wireless thing that may be inteferring is the DECT phone, which I believe also operates on the same frequency, but this is across the other side of the room, so I wouldn't have expected inteference when I'm sat between the it and my xbox. If i was sat the other side of the phone, then maybe...

Anyone else got any suggestions, or have the same problem?
I doubt it's a problem with the controller, as it occurs on all 2 of them, unless I'm really unlucky!
Thanks for any help

bailster

Established Member
The batteries are running out.

You'll find that it happens more frequently as the batteries get closer to running out.

Immortaleffectz

Established Member
:):)Yea your right. Means that i need to recharge my pad.

Immortaleffectz

Established Member
I never use to let my pad run so low but i have been using it for long periods without a recharge but untill then i didn't know the ring started flashing to tell you either. Onces i gave ity a charge the light stopped spinning and all was well. Im sure a recharge will stop it for you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom