• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless Computer

chaz

Prominent Member
Hello again at the moment I am finishing my first computer build which I am well happy with. So with my old computer My wife's is going to have But rather drilling a hole in the wall to connect the cable to the computer I wonder would going down the wireless route be OK? I have found these on Amazon Would one of these be OK I like the USB type as it is small and neat but i do not know what sort to go for. The wife computer would only be next in the next room to the router so it will not be to far away. Thanks for any advice given Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories TP-Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
TP-Link TL-WN881ND: use one myself excellent product. It's pci-e!

RoyE

Novice Member
I've installed lots of those USB nanos and they work well through 1 wall (as long as it isn't a thick external house wall or 18th century stone monster) - cheapest choice for normal telephone broadband up to 20 Mbps.

But for best stability (or if you have cable or fibre broadband) then 2 Powerline (aka Homeplug) adapters are the better bet - just make sure you can plug them direct into a power socket (and if it's a double socket, ensure that any neighbouring device is run off a surge protected extension to prevent interference).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom