wireless cinema surround speakers info

winzentween

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a small, difficult room where the pc (which is my tv, music, films etc) is no where near my hd projector so currently i have to watch films with 2 stereo speakers and a sub woofer all to my left which is far from perfect.

I'd like to have a min of 2/3 wireless speakers in front of me and a sub to the left or
ideally 1 infront, 2 to the side and 2 behind etc.and a sub to the left

but everything except the sub. need to be wireless....
is this possible ?
as im struggling to find any info on a full wireless surround sound / 5.1 set up etc.

what are my options wirelessly?

the distance is only a few meters so im not after power and i have no amp just a pc and some game consoles.

also i have a 360 and a ps3 so it be great if they could feed into that as well as the pc etc. so im presuming the set need an amp?

any ideas what I should be buying to have a decent, basic surround sound set up for my pc/projector

please advise if poss.

and merry crimbo! ;>

Why not get an AV receiver and have this by the screen then have the fronts wired to this?
What is your budget?
You can get wireless kits for the rears although these tend to not be that cheap and reduce sound quality. This is because you are effectively buying another amp for the rear speakers. They also have a central receiver/amp unit which needs a power supply and the speaker cable from this to the speakers so not particularly wireless. If these kits reduce sound quality from the rears then they are going to be no good for the fronts.
Could you not run cables around the outside of the room by the skirting board? Or using something like D Line trunking to hide it.

Why not get an AV receiver and have this by the screen then have the fronts wired to this?
What is your budget?
You can get wireless kits for the rears although these tend to not be that cheap and reduce sound quality. This is because you are effectively buying another amp for the rear speakers. They also have a central receiver/amp unit which needs a power supply and the speaker cable from this to the speakers so not particularly wireless. If these kits reduce sound quality from the rears then they are going to be no good for the fronts.
Could you not run cables around the outside of the room by the skirting board? Or using something like D Line trunking to hide it.

sorry no unless i want to knock through the wall or have trunking running up it how do it get the wire to a speaker? so can u link some suggestions please...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom