Wireless CCTV....advice & ideas please

Gmanh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, after reading the many threads and posts on this, I'm no wiser as to which direction I could go.

So here I am and new to the Forum and hope the wealth of knoweledge thats among you I could finaly find a resolution to my query.

I have recent moved into a new house and would like to install some cctv security, I am open to suggestions so here goes.

I currently have x4 Dlink (sorry for swearing) wireless camera's which I would still like to use and add to a wireless and recordable solution, I have a 2Tb Lenovo NAS box on my network also..

What would I need to enable me to utulise what i already have and add 2 or 3 additional camera's to and be able to record footage.

Many thanks in advance
G

Hi
If you get no joy that little lot. There is a very easy diy way.
Go on amazon and buy several of the samsung snh-e6440bn wireless cameras.
They are very good and idiot proof to setup and use.
Im a pro installer, but use these as a simple cheap alternative. Very clever little solution that actually delivers.
Just dont mount to high as the infra red range is only 15m. 7.5 in the real world....

Were it me I would go through the one time pain of running CAT5 to camera locations and using a stand alone DVR connected to your network / router. If the cables are run outside it isn't hard. DVR in loft space, cables run behind guttering / downpipes / architectural features.

You then have a full choice of decent cameras with optical zoom lenses to balance area covered with detail captured rather than fixed lens wide angle cameras which spread pixels too wide losing detail as you move away from the camera. You also avoid overloading your network or NAS device which isn't really designed to run 24/7 with 100% data churn.

Henry :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom