Wireless camcorder mics

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dogtown, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dogtown

dogtown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Do such things exist? I don't think a lapel mic would be upto the job as I want to use it for capturing loud music in clubs. I'd like to set the mic up near the dj then be able to go walkabout with my camera without the quality of the sound changing. Must be wireless!! Thanks

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    I think you'd be better off with a SDHC recorder and a dynamic mic as discussed earlier. Then you sync-up later, the camera may capture some local talent (customers) so having the camcorder monitoring "on the move" might give you some interesting mixing opportunities, esp. whenever the band concludes a turn, you should be able to create a far better "balance" between stage and audience applause, comments, joy, etc..

Wireless mics are really expensive and can stop working due to electrical interference, etc. to be avoided unless essentaial, IMHO.