• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless broadcast problem

fazza8

Standard Member
I have the 50M package and they gave me a free router, D-Link DIR-615. It has worked perfectly for months and I use it to drive 2 PCs with wired connections. I have also been using it to wirelessly connect a macbook pro, my son's ipad and my kindle. I have also connected to the internet with my HTC Desire mobile phone. Out of the blue it has stopped giving out a wireless signal although the wireless symbol is lit on the router. I contacted VM and have spoken twice with technicians who took control of my computer and checked the router settings. Botht imes they said everything was working fine. Plainly it is not! All 4 wirelessly connected devices cannot see the router. I am loathe to ring 150 again as I will go through the same rigmarole again. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Dodgy_Geezer

Prominent Member
Welcome to AVF :hiya:

Can you not ask Virgin to simply replace the faulty router?

Also, you haven't had a power cut or anything that would have reset the router to the default settings and changed the broadcast ID?

And have you actually gone into the router admin page to confirm that wireless is indeed switched on?

You could also try changing the wireless channel, your neighbours router or other traffic could perhaps be conflicting with yours although you should still be able to see the broadcast ID.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom