Wireless broadband disconnects every 20 seconds

pckipling

Standard Member
Hi,

I recentl got my laptop back from being repaired (now have XP rather than Vista) and the wireless broadband now cuts out every 20 seconds or so. I've tried changing the channel and resetting the router but the problem remains. The signal strength is excellent but I just keep getting the 'Wireless Network COnnection is now connected' pop up every 20 seconds as it disconnects and reconnects. Is really weird as it was fine before my laptop went for repair.

Anyone got any ideas?!

cheers,

R

accyuklad

Banned
could be a fault with the wifi you got on your laptop try updating the wifi on the laptop then you will after ring them up

deadmonkey

Yes, as lad says you should try a different driver for the wifi, some of them are awful and some of them are perfect :mad:

beerhunter

Novice Member
I recentl got my laptop back from being repaired (now have XP rather than Vista) and the wireless broadband now cuts out every 20 seconds or so. I've tried changing the channel and resetting the router but the problem remains. The signal strength is excellent but I just keep getting the 'Wireless Network COnnection is now connected' pop up every 20 seconds as it disconnects and reconnects. Is really weird as it was fine before my laptop went for repair.

Anyone got any ideas?!

cheers,

R
It is usually caused by interference from neighbours' networks. Read the many threads on these forums on how to use inSSIDer to fix this problem.

beneb27

Standard Member
I had this problem and it was caused by our wireless being on the same channel as the neighbours. I used inSSIDer (a free program) to find the channel it was interferring with and then changed it to the one furtherest away.

To change the channel go type 192.168.0.1 into your brower and enter the username admin and the password sky. Then go to the setup tab and change the channel to a free one.

Hope this helps, I had the same problem for ages and the customer service was no help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom