Wireless Bridge and PSP connectivity

Hi,

I can get a 20GB PS3 for a fair price, and I have a spare (decent) D-Link Wireless Bridge.

I just wondered if anyone could confirm that ALL functionality works fine, especially PSP stuff.

Thanks,

Neil

K

kurin

It all works very well, not that impressed with the PSP link up, quality is poor. At the moment it's a gimick.:rolleyes:

K

kurin

No, I have a 60Gb version and thats enough for the moment. (if thats what you're asking?).

Widge

Apparently you are able to stream media from the PS3 to PSP. This will at first be adhoc, but then be available wherever your PSP has a signal (i'm guessing I'll use my Vario2 as a modem for the PSP to link up with).

Also there are the PSOne games to download and some games will contain PSP interactivity. Ie, racing games using the PSP as a rear view mirror etc.

Sounds GOOD so far I suppose, I'd like to see it used better than how the Gamecube used the GBA.

F

FullMetalAlchy

Hi,

I can get a 20GB PS3 for a fair price, and I have a spare (decent) D-Link Wireless Bridge.

I just wondered if anyone could confirm that ALL functionality works fine, especially PSP stuff.

Thanks,

Neil
If the D-Link Wireless Bridge connects via usb, it will not work to go online wireless. If this is your intention to make a 20 gig wireless you'll need the Linksys Wireless-G-Game Adapter. See FAQ thread for more details

the psp remote player does not work on 20gb with wireless.

the option for remote play on ps3 does not appear as their is no in built wireless., doesnt appear to support external wireless (yet!)

Yikes, thats a bit rubbish. There are many advantages to supporting (external) wireless bridges - like the fact they are probably better than the inbuilt one and probably faster (Super G, pre-N etc).

I am serisously debating getting a PS3 now... ebay prices seem to have really dropped off, but it looks like it would be safer to get a 60GB.

F

FullMetalAlchy

Make the choice to suit your needs... A 60gig or 20gig or both good choices....

You can put a 20gig on a Wireless Network, You can upgrade the hard drive these are things can be done at anytime...

Its really down to your needs...

I am a gamer at heart so i opted for a 20gig (although I have it on Wifi now, I had a spare hard drive so I upgraded that as well).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom