Wireless/Bluetooth speaker for iMac

Samt1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently use the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks to play music etc through my iMac. I'm looking at replacing them with a smaller wireless system.
I was wondering if you have any suggestions for a speaker to use?

I use the Spotify, podcasts app, Youtube and iTunes for playing music and watching videos etc.

I was looking at the Homepod mini but unsure if this will work

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini II that I BT to my Mac Mini - it works a treat, and has - for the size - a very good sound.
The added advantage that it's really portable so you can take it with you and connect a phone/player as well (It has a 3.5mm Aux input as well if you don't have or want to use BT). It'll connect to multiple BT devices and when you switch it on, it'll tell you which devices it's paired with.

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini II that I BT to my Mac Mini - it works a treat, and has - for the size - a very good sound.
The added advantage that it's really portable so you can take it with you and connect a phone/player as well (It has a 3.5mm Aux input as well if you don't have or want to use BT). It'll connect to multiple BT devices and when you switch it on, it'll tell you which devices it's paired with.

Ah thank you, I will certainly check this one out!

Lots of options here, depending on budget and relative location to the PC.

Similar to the Bose Soundlink Mini II, we have offerings from Klipsch and Soundcast. Some of which you can buy a pair and run them as Left/Rights. The little 'Heritage Groove' even has a microphone built in for telephone calls! and the The Three II have MM input for a record deck!!

As you lift the budget, you get into Active / Powered Monitors, such as Klipsch, Jamo, Kef, and SVS. Some more powerful than others, some with more connections. The SVS PrimeWireless even offer their own wifi/network ports and pre-set playlist recall buttons!!

Possibly the biggest plus for you would be to consider a USB input or a External USB DAC to give you Stereo outputs so that you can get better quality out of you Mac rather than rely on BT quality.

But as said, this all depends on Budget.

Lots of options here, depending on budget and relative location to the PC.

Similar to the Bose Soundlink Mini II, we have offerings from Klipsch and Soundcast. Some of which you can buy a pair and run them as Left/Rights. The little 'Heritage Groove' even has a microphone built in for telephone calls! and the The Three II have MM input for a record deck!!

As you lift the budget, you get into Active / Powered Monitors, such as Klipsch, Jamo, Kef, and SVS. Some more powerful than others, some with more connections. The SVS PrimeWireless even offer their own wifi/network ports and pre-set playlist recall buttons!!

Possibly the biggest plus for you would be to consider a USB input or a External USB DAC to give you Stereo outputs so that you can get better quality out of you Mac rather than rely on BT quality.

But as said, this all depends on Budget.

Thank you, I will have a look at those brands and options :)

I’ve just invested in a full size HomePod and it ‘talks’ nicely to my I Mac, I phone and (via Airplay) to my tv and Denon-based main system. Managed to get it for £199.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom