Wireless/Bluetooth headsets for game chat that work with PS4 ?

Stoke192

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Noob alert!!
As per thread title really, I'm soon to be a new user of a ps4 and not familiar with all things sony.
I'm not after headphones per say as i'll be running it through my amp for in game sound, just for chat.
I've got a Ps3 but never really bothered with it for online gaming but it did support Bluetooth headsets, does the Ps4 do the same ?
Thanks

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the reply, so looking at those, the answer is a NO! then.
I can't believe that both the Ps4 and the Xbox One still haven't any wireless headsets, Bluetooth or otherwise.
I'm sure they'll turn up eventually lol

Thanks for the reply, so looking at those, the answer is a NO! then.
I can't believe that both the Ps4 and the Xbox One still haven't any wireless headsets, Bluetooth or otherwise.
I'm sure they'll turn up eventually lol

I am confused. Didn't the post above just inform you that the PS4 has two available sets of wireless headsets? And these are only the official ones, I am pretty sure there are others.

I have the old PS3 one and I haven't yet tried it but I am pretty sure it will work too. This is just an in-ear one (like the old car headsets) and worked fine just for speech etc in games (while still using the main speakers for the game music and sounds).

Or am I reading this all wrong?

cheers
Mark

I am confused. Didn't the post above just inform you that the PS4 has two available sets of wireless headsets? And these are only the official ones, I am pretty sure there are others.

I have the old PS3 one and I haven't yet tried it but I am pretty sure it will work too. This is just an in-ear one (like the old car headsets) and worked fine just for speech etc in games (while still using the main speakers for the game music and sounds).

Or am I reading this all wrong?

cheers
Mark

Hi,
The ones linked to above do both game audio and chat, and as I run both (or soon to be both) consoles through a 7.1 system, I'm not really interested in the game sound coming through the headphones.
What I'm actually after is what you mention in the second part of your post, ie, a Bluetooth headset similar (if not the same) as you'd use with a mobile phone.
Both the Ps3 and the 360 had wireless headsets for game chat and I successfully used a Bluetooth headset I got with a mobile phone with my Ps3, if your saying that the same headset will work with a Ps4, then that's great, if not and there's an official one available that I've missed, then a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

Ah ok, I get it now, apologies.

So reading around on the web it seems that bluetooth headsets were not supported at launch. However in one of the later patches this support was added. However there is some confusion as to which ones work and how (game chat or full audio).

It seems that there is an option to make only game chat go through the headphones or all audio.

I was going to give mine a go last night but I don't have PS+ as I don't really play online so I can't really test the game chat side.

Does anyone else have the old PS3 BT headset and a PS4 and play online that can test it for us please?

cheers
Mark

test the game chat side.

Does anyone else have the old PS3 BT headset and a PS4 and play online that can test it for us please?

cheers
Mark
it will not work , i used the old ps3 Bluetooth device 1311747920-new-ps3-hq-mode-enables-bluetooth-headset-1.jpg for years on the ps3 and was hoping it would work , but it doesn't ,
as i said above , the option you have are the sony gold head set 2.0 or pulse or , some of the turtle beach head sets and one or two others from different companies ,that cost an arm and a leg ,
or the free mono ear piece that come's in the box ,

if your going to use your amp for sound, then all you need is the free mono mic which works well ,
i used it for a good 4/5 months , until i bought the sony 2.0's ( which were intended to be used just for watching a movie late at night , but now i use them all the time for gaming )

Ok this is the device I was talking about. Have you tried it recently as I believe several of the recent FW updates have had BT changes in there.

That is disappointing and I can't see why it wouldn't work.

The full ear headphones are not really an option to me as when I game I generally have my children upstairs asleep and I like to be able to hear them if they get up and need me for something (which is most nights!)

M

Ok this is the device I was talking about. Have you tried it recently as I believe several of the recent FW updates have had BT changes in there.

That is disappointing and I can't see why it wouldn't work.

The full ear headphones are not really an option to me as when I game I generally have my children upstairs asleep and I like to be able to hear them if they get up and need me for something (which is most nights!)

M

tried this early and confirm that it doesn't work ,

Hi,
Noob alert!!
As per thread title really, I'm soon to be a new user of a ps4 and not familiar with all things sony.
I'm not after headphones per say as i'll be running it through my amp for in game sound, just for chat.
I've got a Ps3 but never really bothered with it for online gaming but it did support Bluetooth headsets, does the Ps4 do the same ?
Thanks
Geotek have one it's similar to the ps3 version but for ps4.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom