1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Audio Sender for PC to Amp?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Andy.T, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Anyone use one of these? I'm looking for something fairly cheap (less than a 100 quid, lots less ideally :laugh: ) to send my stereo jack output from my PC to an analogue phono input on my amp. I'd like it to be fairly high quality but it doesn't need to be audiophile grade. Oh and it ideally needs to not mess with 802.11b or 802.11g wireless equipment if that's possible?

I've had a quick look on Keene etc. and there are things there that would probably do the job but I'd like a recommendation from someone experienced before I take the plunge.

Advthanksance,

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Ok, well having done a bit more research it looks like I'll need to get a video sender and just not use the video side of things. :rolleyes:

There are lots of these things to choose from, is there a clear winner in terms of audio quality? The distance will only be five or six meters, with 1 fairly thin wall in the way.

Will the Gigavideo 70 do the job or is there something better quality/more relaible, for around the same price?

Advthanksance,

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  4. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Thanks for that, yup I do have a wireless network and had looked at that but I don't just want it to pass mp3s to the amp, I want it for trailers and for the sound from PC games.

Any ideas anyone? My relatives are going to string me up if I don't tell 'em what I want for my birthday soon, and I'm pretty set on something that'll do this. :)

5. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  6. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Again, this seems to stream .mp3s, rather than just the stereo output from a PC (or video, or sky or TV or anything else).

I think I'm going to have to get a video sender and just use the audio side of things. But I haven't read much about the audio merits of the different video senders. Anyone know which video sender sounds best?