Wireless audio and playstaion connection to projector

johanbr

Novice Member
I have recently bought the Epson eh-tw5600 projector (Full HD). I wish to connect the audio wirelessly to my sound reciever (projector is ceiling mounted, so the reciever is at the opposite side of the room). How to do this best?
- I have read that I can use the Amazon fire tv for this, but I don't really need all the apps etc., since I already have a Chromecast connected in the projector to stream from.

The reciever is a NAD c368 with a built in bluetooth function, which might I might be able to utilize for this. However I would prefer to have it connected to one of the regular ports in the back - however still wirelessly - maybe via a bluetooth reciever device?
- so what is the best way to do this?

Also, I would love to be able to connect my playstation 4 wirelessly to the projector - however I don't know ud that is recommendable, with the potential lag-issue?

Thanks!!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Source > AVR > Projector - using HDMI cables is what you want to aim for, you could try a wireless connection between the AVR and Projector for video, they tend to be expensive, unreliable and usually have to compress the video.

Source > Projector > AVR is not a great solution.

Joe

johanbr

Novice Member
Source > AVR > Projector - using HDMI cables is what you want to aim for, you could try a wireless connection between the AVR and Projector for video, they tend to be expensive, unreliable and usually have to compress the video.

Source > Projector > AVR is not a great solution.

Joe
Thanks, but I am still Missing a concrete solution. I have no High end demands for the setup, just that it can run reliable and in full HD. And I would really prefer to avoid the Long cable draw, as I would have no other option than to have the HDMI running visible along the wall/ceiling. So cant this be done?

Also, when you mention "Source > AVR > Projector" - would that mean HDMI running between both stations? My source is either ising my Chromecast or Apple tv.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Wireless HD is very hit or mis - a long HDMI cable is the better solution every time, there are many Wireless HD devices on the market so you have options to try them out.

Source > Amp - if you do not have the optional HDMI Board(s) in your Amp you could use an HDMI Switch with analogue audio out to the Stereo Amp and then either a long HDMI cable or a Wireless HD extender to the Projector. (Source > Switch > Amp+Projector)

I guess you could try Wireless HD to send images to the Projector plus Bluetooth to send audio from the Projector to the Amp - that is going to require a bit of experimentation on your part.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom