Wireless Apple Mouse

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Steve Bate, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've got the bluetooth Apple mouse and so far it's been great, the only problem is if I pick up my MacBook and wander off (leaving the mouse behind) to do some work in a diff place then come back the Mouse will not "reconnect" I have to disable bluetooth on the Mac then enable again before it will reconnect.

Am I missing something or is this the case?

Steve

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Only other thing would be to switch mouse off/on to get it work again.

3. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes I tried that, I thought it would "see" a previously paired BT device tho and just reconnect. Every other BT device I've got does that :confused:

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Yet another reason to dislike the "Not-so" Mighty Mouse :D

5. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The wireless mighty mouse is absolutely dreadful and I'm amazed they haven't redesigned it. I've happily replaced mine with a (shock horror) MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000, which also tones nicely with my imac.

6. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I just got this, one of the worst mouses I have uses, besides the Logitech media mouse, the scroll button is dreadful, to small, and scrolls way to quickly, the right click button is bad to, as it does not always work you have to press it in a specific part. The surface on the bottom is bad as it adds to much friction so can't even use it, anyone recommend a surface to use it on?, tried a Steel mouse pad, would, paper, plastic but still to much traction...

7. shadieb

shadieb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Try lifting your fingers off the mouse before doing a right click. It will work everytime. It just takes a bit of getting used to.
    I must be the only one who likes he's wireless mighty mouse it just seems to work when I need it :) I have lost connection a couple of times but nothing flicking he switch at the bottom hasn't cured instantly.

8. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    For the price they charge it's a con, anything more than £25 then it's a con, can't really use it for photoshop or final cut as it it just pants, to much friction to move and the right click is vital and must work when you need it not when you want, I don't want to remember to lift my finger and it still does not work 30% of the time when I do, but thanks for the info, what surface do you use it on, it's just rough, do apple do some kind of compensation for buying the awful mouse?, best mouse i find is the Logitech G7, the scroll wheel is amazing, especially the side to side scroll, it lets you scroll one album/app at a time in cover flow,unlike the might which is 3 at a time.., all in all the mighty mouse is a dreadful product... only bought it because I have to much interference on the RF band, the frequency hopping of the G7 does not seem to work..

9. shadieb

shadieb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I use mine on a cheap Alsop mouse mat.
    The right click problem is due to the mouse using sensors rather then dedicated buttons. If you click the right side of the mouse but still have fingers near or hovering over the left side it presumes you made a left click. It is awkward to get used to but can be done with a bit of perseverence <sp!>

Try and find a program called Smart Scroll X. This allows you to customize lots of options for your mouse in cluding scroll speed etc.

10. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,334
    I tried the mighty mouse in PC world and just hated it, so I got a logitech VX Nano for my Mac Book Pro and think it's the best thing ever and it's comfortable.