1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless all in one systems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by monkeyleader, Nov 20, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hi,

So IVe been long toying with the idea of converting my garage but it looks like its going to be too expensive - so Ive changed my focus somewhat.

Last year we had another room built onto the house - to be used as my offfice. Its 14Ft x just over 6Ft

Picture 1
    Picture 2

So my plan would be to install a drop down screen above my monitor and desk in picture 1. In picture two the sofa would be turned around, the TV gone and a projector mounted above the sofa - on the roof.

So my questions

1. As this wont be used as a cinema room all the time Im looking for something that can be moved around a little. Id probably put speaker brackets on either side of the wall in picture one (just above the light switch) but the center speaker would have to sit (probably) on my computer desk, during cinema times. and then moved away when not in use. At the back of the room Id again mount speaker brackets either side of the window (in pic 2)So to avoid lots of cables I was thinking about a wireless setup - I know these were tested a few years back and proved to be not much kop but in one of this months AV mags they had a test on a few systems and they seemed to fair pretty well - there was one for about £400 (JVC I think) which eventually won.

2. Anyone using a wireless setup such as this care to comment ?

3. I have around £2.5k to spend on this project and that means buying screen, proejctor and surround sound setup - so pleased bear this in mind.

thanks,

Nige

2. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
  3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi

I am a bit like u, I am moving and room in new house is a bit bigger than existing so I am thinking of starting afresh and wondering what to buy. Ideally I would like to go the wireless route but I have read so much bad items about wireless, eg it affects the corldess phone, it affects wirreless broadband and so on.

Ur room is long but narrow so a home cinema might overpower u hence the lack of responses. Cables I think would be far more reliable and u could hide them under the carpet/skirting!

The big problem now is what to buy as the choice is immense and expensive.

What speaker cables to get, what inputs/outputs, component/rgb, and on it goes, porg scan. interlaced, then u have bi wire. and tri wire, and now we have 5.1 from SKY+ and of course HDTV on the horizon!! And probably a few I have missed.

All I want is a home cinema system that sounds good and a bit future proof so that I wont need more cables!! And she who must be obeyed HATES all the leads I have at present, even though they are well hidden.

gbmitie