Wireless 5.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by paulhazell, Nov 4, 2005.

1. paulhazell

paulhazell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a decent set of 5.1 speakers that have wireless rears with a budget of up to 7 or 800 quid.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    there are wireless speakers around but cant remember any models to hand...

i will just say tho in case you wernt aware, unless battery operated (which means they wont go loud or for longthey wont be completely wireless, they will have onboard amps which need a power supply, which means you still need mains plugs connected to them, so you need mains sockets nearby, or you will have thick mains cable extension cords all over the place...heh, so using speaker wire with normal speakers might end up being more viable....

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    if you definitely cant have wires around, then look at KEFs psuedo surround speakers, or Yamahas soundbar, cant remember the model number at the mo, but its basically a large centre speaker that provides surround sound at a reasonable level....

4. paulhazell

paulhazell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that.
    I was aware of the plug issue but thats ok because there are sockets on the rear wall anyway.
    I have just read a review of the Yamaha sound bar thing and it sounds fantastic. Just can't get my head around the fact that it's one speaker...i guess it's something you have to hear.

5. Eraserhead

Eraserhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    z5450 from logitech? Maybe not a top set but gets quite good reviews. It is closer to 7 then to 800 quid which may play some role as well ;)