Wired vs Wireless when using Airpods Max with PS5?

Daveboi7

So I already have the Pulse 3D headset but it hurts my head when used for long sessions.

I also have the Airpods Max so I'm trying to see if I can get these to work instead of buying another headset. From searching the internet, the two options are to either get the lightning cable for a wired connection to the controller, or get a BT transmitter for wireless.

I know that the BT transmitter will add some latency seeing as the Max only support the AAC codec but I'm wondering if the latency will be noticeable?
The problem with the wired connection is that I feel like I may need an amp to boost the audio? And I don't want to have an amp hanging out of the controller lol.

Has anyone here had any experience with either of these methods?

JollyJamma

So I already have the Pulse 3D headset but it hurts my head when used for long sessions.
Is it the pressure from the headband putting pressure on your skull or the ear pads or what?

If it's a tight headband, just stretch it a little using something larger than your head.

Does the Pulse 3D headset already use BT?

If so it should be fine to use another headset that uses the same BT standard. The Sony WMX4 spring to mind.

Daveboi7

Is it the pressure from the headband putting pressure on your skull or the ear pads or what?

If it's a tight headband, just stretch it a little using something larger than your head.

Does the Pulse 3D headset already use BT?

If so it should be fine to use another headset that uses the same BT standard. The Sony WMX4 spring to mind.

It hurts the top of my head and it digs into my ears (as I wear glasses). I don’t seem to get this problem with the Airpods so I’m trying to get them working instead.

I tried stretching it but didn’t do much unfortunately.

Yeah the XM4s look like they will be supported but I don’t fancy dishing out for another pair of headphones haha

JollyJamma

Fair. Not sure. Google Apple AIrpods PS5 but I doubt Apple would like you using it with a PS5.

Try using the Sony headphone connector with the Airpods. Ridiculous that the SONY headphones require a dongle to work with the SONY PS5.

That's like Apple requiring you to have a dongle to connect their Airpods to a Mac Mini or something.

My GF loves the Sony Pulse 3D headphones though and they are good.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom