Wired or Wireless Surround Sound Dilemma !

Spee2k

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I currently have a 5.1.4 setup with some great speakers- B&W CM9 S2 LR, B&W CM Center 2 , and B&W CM7's for surrounds. I have 4x Cambridge Minx 22 as on-ceiling speakers with a SVS sub the surround speakers are powered by a Rotel RMB 1585 and the atmos by my Denon X6700H . The sound has been great and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am now moving to a rented Victorian stlye flat and and the layout is a bit different. Also, as I am moving in with the missus, I'm not sure I get away with wires and speakers on the ceiling ! :facepalm:. Not to mention what the new landlord will say if they ever walked in! lol

I am quite loathe to miss out on the Atmos effect , so am considering selling up my existing system and going down the sound bar route. I have enough sockets scattered around so powering up the surround speakers wont be a problem.

I guess my question is willIi get a similar experience with say something like the Samsung Q950A or a Sony HT-9A or will getting some upfiring atmos modules for my current front and rear speakers give me the same effect?

I have attached a layout of my new living room below. Room is about 7m x 4m , with 3m high ceiling. I plan to mount the TV on the wall next to the shelves , with my main seating position right across from it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

LINVING.PNG

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom