Wired or Wireless Surround Sound Dilemma !

Spee2k

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I currently have a 5.1.4 setup with some great speakers- B&W CM9 S2 LR, B&W CM Center 2 , and B&W CM7's for surrounds. I have 4x Cambridge Minx 22 as on-ceiling speakers with a SVS sub the surround speakers are powered by a Rotel RMB 1585 and the atmos by my Denon X6700H . The sound has been great and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am now moving to a rented Victorian stlye flat and and the layout is a bit different. Also, as I am moving in with the missus, I'm not sure I get away with wires and speakers on the ceiling ! :facepalm:. Not to mention what the new landlord will say if they ever walked in! lol

I am quite loathe to miss out on the Atmos effect , so am considering selling up my existing system and going down the sound bar route. I have enough sockets scattered around so powering up the surround speakers wont be a problem.

I guess my question is willIi get a similar experience with say something like the Samsung Q950A or a Sony HT-9A or will getting some upfiring atmos modules for my current front and rear speakers give me the same effect?

I have attached a layout of my new living room below. Room is about 7m x 4m , with 3m high ceiling. I plan to mount the TV on the wall next to the shelves , with my main seating position right across from it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

LINVING.PNG

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom