Wired or Wireless? Samsung UE40D7000

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by selector007, Dec 26, 2011.

1. selector007

selector007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks i've recently purchased the above tv and i am pleased with the set so far. But what i find really annoying is the amount of times i am disconnected from my home network!!

My current set up is wireless, my tv connects to my dedicated HP server via my router which has windows home server installed. The wireless connection in my house is relatively strong. It is really annoying as i could be half way through a film and the tv disconnects from the network. I have even tried a static IP address but this has made no difference.

Is this a common problem with these tv's?

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Wired is always the way to go in a network, if you cant run ethernet cables then try some homeplugs as a substitute as they are still generally better than wireless.

Reception strength doesn't mean much, wireless is prone to all sorts of interference that can cause it to drop the link, it could also be the wireless isn't fast enough to handle video streaming which is very common.

3. selector007

selector007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. My next step is to try the homeplug route as suggested.

But what really annoys me is that i can play the same movies flawlesly via my iphone on the network(via wifi).

I guess i will have to try the homeplugs and see if that resolves the problem.

4. selector007

selector007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought i currently use a remote controlled plug socket to turn off the tv, could this have an effect on the wifi signal? I have checked the frequency of the remote controlled socket but it is 433.92mhz.

5. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Probably not, one thing you can try to stabilize the wireless is to set to one mode only instead of mixed a/b/g/n so try setting it to g mode only and see if that makes any difference.