• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wire problem with mounting tv on the wall

T

tuition

Hello, I recently purchased a plasma tv and I had a question about mounting it to the wall. The thing is...I may move to a new home eventually..so I don't want to hide the wires behind the wall. My only option is to have the wires hanging down. Now my question is..as ugly as it would already look..what can I do to make it look somewhat decent?

I thought about painting it the same colour as my wall so its harder to notice...but if any of you have better suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Moviebuff

If you use standard PVC plastic box trunking from B&Q etc - you can aways prime and paint it the same colour as your wall.

kevmarshall

If you use standard PVC plastic box trunking from B&Q etc - you can aways prime and paint it the same colour as your wall.

I used the B&Q stuff and it takes immulsion very well without priming.

kjt2004

Hi

I have made up my own trunking by running 2 wood battens down the wall ( approx 17mm x 35mm to allow all scart and ancillary cables to run in), gluing some side quadrants to a flat 112mm x 10mm wood panel and screwing that into the battens and painting same colour as wall.

Looks far superior to plastic trunking as the larger suface area appears more aesthetically pleasing

you can just see it behind the center speaker in my signature

regards

Moviebuff

I used the B&Q stuff and it takes immulsion very well without priming.

I had a feeling it might - I guess I was erring on the side of caution. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom