1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wire Length

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by alfa166, Mar 24, 2004.

1. alfa166

alfa166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a real AV novice and need some help.

How important is it to keep the length of the speaker cables the same length?

I am just laying a wooden floor which will allow me to run the flat cable under it and reduce the length of the cable to the rear speakers to about 14'. Do I really need to have the same length to my front 3 speakers, as I really want to loose all the wires and having an extra 30'+ of cable is a pain. Any help much appreciated.

The speakers are 2 x Kef Q55.2, 1 x Q95c & 2 x Q15.2 all run through an Onkyo receiver.

Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It isn't necessary and most people don't have the same lengths to all five speakers anyway.

I have longer runs of a different cable to my rear speakers than the main pair and whilst I use the same cable for the front three, the centre speaker has a much shorter length.

3. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't worry too much about it. I have 10m running to each of my rears, 2.5m to each of my fronts and 1.5m to my centre and everything sounds fine to me.

4. alfa166

alfa166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Now where are those wire cutters?