1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wipeout - keep blowing up!!

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by peteyoung, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol im just crap at a game when i get it! hehe but i choose ships with 4/5 shield and im on my 3rd tournament but i just keep blowing up! i'll be doing great, atleast 3rd place, and theres just too many tight corners! lol im getting better using my airbrakes but is there anyway of upgrading your shield mid race? i know you can absorb your power ups but does that just give you a speed burst? other than that the only hope i can have is to keep hoping i get a temp. shield power up!!!

thnx!

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    you got the wrong strategy

you need a ship with good thrust (time to accelerate), with medium shield and handling. Team Assegai is my choice

speed is last priority since you'll neveer get top speed with corners around

I find the d-pad better - analogue nub doesn't offer enough resistance. Make it a habit to hold down airbrakes going into corner. By using a ship with good thrust, you'll accelerate away from corner, leaving CPU in wake

Don't always use pick-ups. Make a habit of absorbing them, especially when shield is dwindling

learn when to fire weapons. Hitting a CPU as they're turning into corner is optimum time