Question Wipe D'Link 320 NAS

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
I'd like to completely wipe my D'link 320 NAS and reset it back to factory setting so I can sell it, as I just don't use it anymore. Any ideas on the best way to wipe any data on it? I'm deleting everything and I'm going to reset it to factory settings, but not sure if this completely wipes any trace of information or if there's something else I should do? Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

DavidG1

A factory reset restores the the settings to default but doesn't affect the stored data. You will need to use the Hard drive configuration wizard to erase/reformat the drives

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
A factory reset restores the the settings to default but doesn't affect the stored data. You will need to use the Hard drive configuration wizard to erase/reformat the drives
You're a star, thank you! Just set that going then will do a factory reset too :)

rccarguy

btw ALT F firmware on that NAS could extend the life, with it I can fit a 14TB HD on my old Dlink NAS (offical firmware supported 1TB)