1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinTV-PVR-150MCE and Radeon X800, No Picture on TV

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by daniel_cullen, Aug 23, 2005.

1. daniel_cullen

daniel_cullen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using WinTV-PVR-150MCE and Radeon X800 and am having problems with my TV connection. I can run MCE 2005 perfectly using a monitor, but when I connect up my TV (with or without the monitor connected) MCE fails to display a picture.

The monitor and TV both display the XP boot up and desktop but when I start media centre both display devices go black. If I then press keys to bring up task manager the media centre menu appears on both screens, when I select any option on the menu it disappears again.

setup:
    TV is a Sony 100Hz KV32FX60U,
    Abit AN8 SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-073-AB)
    PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-040-PC)
    Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE

I am connected to a SKY digital connection through the WinTV card

I have tried connecting to the TV using both Composite and SVideo.

I have the latest PVR150 MCE driver, latest Catalyst 5.8 display drivers, NVidia Decoder

I have also ran and displayed a tv picture on both the TV and monitor using both WinTV2000 and Media Portal.

I am based in the UK, the setting in Display settings and Catalyst is set to 60 Hz (50Hz not available) and Direct X9 has been installed.

Have any other users experienced this problem? Any help/advice would be appreciated?