• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Winterboard

MurrayBu

Standard Member
I'm new to Winterboard but it seems brill.

Can someone give me a brief overview on how it works?! I notice there is the one theme that is already on Winterboard. How do I download more and can I make my own theme's? Thanks.

bubsy83

Established Member
open cydia and at the bottom select sections and scroll down to the theme options, you can download a full theme or just change certain features like the lock screen, dialer etc

MurrayBu

Standard Member
Thanks guys. Can you create your own themes too?

Funkyspider - did you have hundreds of themes which is why it slowed the phone down? Or does it not take much to slow it down?

MurrayBu

Standard Member
Cheers!!

I have the Stewie app, and the background is changing colour every 7 secs ish.

Is this going to zap the battery?

Also, is there a way to get the little 'Stewie' over every app icon? He's only on a few!

Last edited:

funkyspider

Prominent Member
I didn't have any themes active. I was only using winterboard to apply a user wallpaper and to add weather icons to lockinfo. Winterboard was basically sat idle but it still seemed to slow things down. When I restored the phone I put everything back apart from winterboard and I definately noticed it was quicker to respond. It could have been something else of course as there is no process explorer type app to identify exactly what was going on

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
I didn't have any themes active. I was only using winterboard to apply a user wallpaper and to add weather icons to lockinfo. Winterboard was basically sat idle but it still seemed to slow things down. When I restored the phone I put everything back apart from winterboard and I definately noticed it was quicker to respond. It could have been something else of course as there is no process explorer type app to identify exactly what was going on

The notorious "iPlacebo" effect :rolleyes:

:laugh:

a l e x

Distinguished Member
Cheers!!

I have the Stewie app, and the background is changing colour every 7 secs ish.

Is this going to zap the battery?

Also, is there a way to get the little 'Stewie' over every app icon? He's only on a few!

That'll destroy the battery I bet.

Winterboard doesn't really slow the phone that much, its the actual themes that do it.

The tiny bit of slow down is well worth it to be able to customise though...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom