winter tyres

weetsie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
whats the cheapest way of getting 4 winter tyres on an audi A3 1.9D? :confused:

cant work out if its best to go for 4 wheels with tyres, 4 rims and 4 tyres or 4 tyres and get them swapped before and after winter :confused:

I bet the europeans thrown out alot of decent winter tyres, after all that is where most of the part worn tyres we sell in this country come from.

Scrapyard for a set of steelies (£20 each maybe) and go smaller and narrower, but with a higher profile than your OE 'summer' tyres (eg I'd go from 205/45/16 to 175/60/15 if it were me). Use something like THIS to ensure you don't mess up the gearing too much. Chance part worns, or new winters from about £40 up....

MARIX TYRES / WINTER SNOW CAR / MARIX ECOGRIP MARIX ECO GRIP - 195/60R15 88H TL :: £42.00 :: Winter - Snow - Cold Weather - Car/MPV Tyres :: R15" - 195/60/15, 195/60 R 15 :: (dunno if they're any good though)

You can pick up new Nankang SV2 tyres for approx £40 each - they are excellent value tyres with lots of happy users.

Last edited:
Here in the US Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels has a 'winter tyre' section that lets you dump in your car info and it will spec you the appropriate wheel/tyre combo. Do any of the UK sites do something similar.

Re. brands/models I believe the Bridgestone Blizzaks are the mutts nuts...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom