Winter mornings

djbsom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So here we are again. Slightly frosty mornings and common sense goes out of the window.
Three times today I've spotted people driving down the road with almost completely misted/frosted up windscreens.
Rant over

Isn't it called portholing, or something like that?
Of course, there is another definition of portholing, but that's not for this forum.

Someone died down the road from me today in their Land Rover Defender. Very sad but you can't help but feel some people in 4x4s drive recklessly thinking they are immune from the conditions. He has just slid off the icy road going too fast.

Interesting video from Autocar here regarding the merits of four wheel drive versus winter tyres.

Interesting video from Autocar here regarding the merits of four wheel drive versus winter tyres.

That was pretty interesting. I didn't realise that thee was such a big difference between them.
I've got to say, our ambulances at work all run winter tyres and we have very few problems with getting stuck or losing traction the odd time we get snow.

Took my car for a Sunday drive this weekend, -2.5 degrees, blue sky, deserted roads, 330bhp+ feed to the rear wheels via a LSD...Got through 1/4 tank of petrol a bit too quickly :D

15941790728_5eb89a04dd_c.jpg

Utter lunacy, saw someone driving last night through a peephole scraped into their heavily frosted windscreen about 4 inches by 8.

yeah, a few years ago I stopped a car covered in two inches of snow. The lady was driving her kids to school by looking out of the open drivers window.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom