Winter Hill channel change

rmcconn

Banned
Hi,
On switching on the tv this morning, I had no signal, thanks to the changeover during the night.

I live in the North West and the tv (Panasonic TX-L32V10B) insists on tuning BBC1 and 2 to Moel-y-Park rather than Winter Hill. Everything else seems to be ok.

The signal from Moel-y-Park is fine, but I get pixel break up on BBC North West if the set is not tuned manually.

On checking the Winter Hill channels, I see that 62 has been changed to 50 and 61 is now 49.

On doing a manual tune to the new channels, all stations were found, but I still get BBC1 Wales as programme 1. BBC North West is still 802.

What am I not doing, or what am I doing incorrectly?

Ron

Gavtech

Administrator
Try scanning with the aerial disconnected to clear out all existing channel placeholders, then reconnect and try again.

Zingari

Standard Member
Same problem here. I spent hours last week getting rid of the Welsh channels to get North West back but now I cant do it.

I have followed the instructions fo manual tuning on DigitalTV website but for some reason with my Panasonic TH-42PZ70 TV it keeps coming up no new DVB found so how do you actually store manual channels.

Ironic that the cheapest TV in the house has the facility to tune by region!

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Same problem here. I spent hours last week getting rid of the Welsh channels to get North West back but now I cant do it.

I have followed the instructions fo manual tuning on DigitalTV website but for some reason with my Panasonic TH-42PZ70 TV it keeps coming up no new DVB found so how do you actually store manual channels.

Ironic that the cheapest TV in the house has the facility to tune by region!
Remove aerial.
Do a DVB Auto Tune and store (if asked). Hopefully that will clear out the memories.
If it doesn't you'll need to Edit the DVB channels and delete them all from the set.
THEN re-insert aerial and do a series of DVB manual tunes on the SD frequencies.

rmcconn

Banned
Gavtech,

Followed you advice and I think you've cracked it. Re-tuned Ch 49 and 50 and have a great signal.

Talked to my neighbours and their sets ( Sony, Toshiba ) retuned on auto with no problems. I was advised when I got the set that Panasonic had the best tv's but I'm having serious doubts.

Many thanks.

Zingari

Standard Member
Rodders tried the auto tune with no aerial and it tells me aerial is not connected, to plug it in and retune.

Whilst I get S4/C on Channel no 4, Channel 4 is now on No8 however both are poor pictures with teh odd pixelation/drop out.

If a do a manual tune what ch numbers do I do - all the ones on DigitalTV advice or just 49 and 50. Unless I'm doing it wrong doing an auto tune and then trying to add DVB channels by manual doesn't work

ETA: Dont believe it. The TV has now somehow self tuned itself and removed the Welsh signals so all back as normal without doing anything. How weird!

Last edited:

Selgovae

Standard Member
Rodders tried the auto tune with no aerial and it tells me aerial is not connected, to plug it in and retune.

Whilst I get S4/C on Channel no 4, Channel 4 is now on No8 however both are poor pictures with teh odd pixelation/drop out.

If a do a manual tune what ch numbers do I do - all the ones on DigitalTV advice or just 49 and 50. Unless I'm doing it wrong doing an auto tune and then trying to add DVB channels by manual doesn't work

ETA: Dont believe it. The TV has now somehow self tuned itself and removed the Welsh signals so all back as normal without doing anything. How weird!

Your lucky, I have done 4 auto retunes over the last 24 hours and still get Moel-Y-Parc and not Winter Hill.
I am in South Shore, Blackpool.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Absolutely - very weird :confused: - but who cares if all is OK :thumbsup:

Your lucky, I have done 4 auto retunes over the last 24 hours and still get Moel-Y-Parc and not Winter Hill.
I am in South Shore, Blackpool.
YOU need to do a manual tune of the Winter Hill frequencies and not allow an auto tune (stop it/cancel/exit if one auto-starts after a factory reset/first time install).
Digital UK - Missing channels or wrong news service? enter your postcode to get the channel frequencies...

BBC A ch 50, D3&4 ch 59, {BBC B HD ch 54 only if a Freeview HD set}, SDN ch 58, ARQ A ch 49 & ARQ B ch 55

sinewave

Standard Member
Why was this not publicised?

I woke up on Wednesday morning to no signal anywhere!

Being as my Aerial is virtually brand new with new CT100 to the Labgear HDU681 I assumed that was fecked so bought a new one which I fitted this afternoon!
Still fek all output so started to think the centre core may have snapped off inside the aerial connection.
Looked on here and saw this thread, re-tuned and all is well!

***, this has cost me over £50 because I knew fek all about this, not happy at all! :mad:

Selgovae

Standard Member
YOU need to do a manual tune of the Winter Hill frequencies and not allow an auto tune (stop it/cancel/exit if one auto-starts after a factory reset/first time install).
Digital UK - Missing channels or wrong news service? enter your postcode to get the channel frequencies...

BBC A ch 50, D3&4 ch 59, {BBC B HD ch 54 only if a Freeview HD set}, SDN ch 58, ARQ A ch 49 & ARQ B ch 55

Thanks for the help. I followed the link, printed off the instruction of how to do a manual tune and went to the lounge to have a go.
Before doing the manual tune I had one last try at auto retune, and it worked. So now we have Granada Region stuff and not Welsh.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the help. I followed the link, printed off the instruction of how to do a manual tune and went to the lounge to have a go.
Before doing the manual tune I had one last try at auto retune, and it worked. So now we have Granada Region stuff and not Welsh.
:thumbsup: Smashing! and lucky, perhaps? Keep the instructions handy - just in case you ever need them in the future!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom