Winning print for the photo comp

Zone

Reaction score
OK if we can get the forums to stump up a couple of quid a month for a print of the winning picture; has anyone got any recomendations as to who we should get it from; price vs quality and is A4 still the OK size!

OK if we can get the forums to stump up a couple of quid a month for a print of the winning picture; has anyone got any recomendations as to who we should get it from; price vs quality and is A4 still the OK size!
No suggestions (sure the other guys and girls will have plenty).

But would be a really nice touch for the winner to get.

Last edited:
I don't know of anyone either, but would be a nice thing for people I'm sure.

I've used DSCL before and was very happy with the service and quality of the prints, 65p for an A4 but the postage would be a couple of ££'s on top.

DSCL

I'd be very happy with A4, not sure I'd find space for A3.
I've used Photobox and Tesco for similar sized (10x8 or 12x8 can't remember) - surprisingly Tesco did a better job when PB let me down on delivery. Print quality was better and free collection instore.
Surely someone's marketing dept. would see it as worth a fiver a month or so?

'If' you decided to go down the tesco route, could the winner have it delivered to a local store to save on postage costs/avoid any damage in the post?

Just an idea - might not be practical for everyone i guess.

'If' you decided to go down the tesco route, could the winner have it delivered to a local store to save on postage costs/avoid any damage in the post?

Just an idea - might not be practical for everyone i guess.
Postage would be cheaper than the fuel to travel to Tesco for me ;)

In a frame with avforums comp winner logo small in a lower corner. Cool

Thanks for the comments :)

Out of Curiosity - and I don't even know if this could be done on AVF - but if Stuart Scrooge McDuck :D doesn't stump up some Dosh how do the other regulars feel about an option of having an entry fee of say £1 maybe paid into a Paypal Account to fund a decent print for the winner each month ?

Jim

A whole pound Jim? Do you think we're made of money :eek:

I'll speak to my accountant.

In all honesty I don't really mind about a print. Most of my entries are shot to the theme so I'm not sure what I'd do with a print.
I'm speaking hypothetically of course being "Monsieur Nil Point" when I do enter :)

man-with-an-empty-piggybank_1133-68.jpg

A pound is no prob, but if I PayPal a pound, I think because I have a euro account, there is a transfer charge and some other charge. I think these charges are the same whether you transfer 1 pound or 1000 pound, so it'll cost me 5 ish pounds transaction fee :)

I've been thinking about this, and whilst I've no issue at all stumping up a quid every month I do wonder if a lot will be going to waste? I got a print of my first winning pic, but never did anything with it and have no idea where it is now. OK, it didn't help that the quality was poor, but even so it's not something I'd have put up anyway.

I didn't receive prints for my others but again, I wouldn't have done anything with them anyway. AMc has said similar as well. As a print would cost under £3 delivered by the sounds of it surely it's more cost effective to just choose to print the pic yourself if you win and want it? For example if you win once within the year you'll have paid £12 to get a £3 print ;)

...and they say that us Scots are mean :rolleyes:

...you cheeky Sod :mad: :nono:

...but seriously I think it's important that the winners get "something tangible" for their efforts - as some of you have already mentioned - I have also received a few prints and while I may not have framed and hung any of them I still got a definite "Buzz" from receiving them and somehow I felt that even if I wouldn't have even bothered to print them myself it made the "Win" more real somehow - possibly that's just my own sense of in security kicking in ..... ;)

Also I only really put this idea out there to test the waters - hopefully Stuart will come up with the goods and cough up a decent amount to get something worth keeping or even giving away to a friend - shouldn't be too difficult to get "someone" to sponsor the gift and get some cheap advertising of their photo printing services on AVF ? - who knows possibly even negotiate an AVF Memberes Discount scheme ? ;)

Jim

...you cheeky Sod :mad: :nono:

...but seriously I think it's important that the winners get "something tangible" for their efforts - as some of you have already mentioned - I have also received a few prints and while I may not have framed and hung any of them I still got a definite "Buzz" from receiving them and somehow I felt that even if I wouldn't have even bothered to print them myself it made the "Win" more real somehow - possibly that's just my own sense of in security kicking in ..... ;)

Also I only really put this idea out there to test the waters - hopefully Stuart will come up with the goods and cough up a decent amount to get something worth keeping or even giving away to a friend - shouldn't be too difficult to get "someone" to sponsor the gift and get some cheap advertising of their photo printing services on AVF ? - who knows possibly even negotiate an AVF Memberes Discount scheme ? ;)

Jim
Do you mean people have been crazy enough to vote for your images? :devil: :p

I agree, it is nice to receive something for your efforts :smashin: Could always get something like this instead ;)
Camera Pewter Finish Resin Trophy | Camera Photography Resins Trophies Awards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom