1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winning Eleven 8!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by CAS FAN, Aug 6, 2004.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    What a game!!! It's beginning to sound like i'm a Konami employee after my raving about Gradius V and now this but believe me WE8 (the Jap version of PES4) really is this good.

PES3 was a great game (i've played it constantly during the last year) but although you may not think it possible, this game simply puts it in the shade!

I've played a few exhibition games so far and have yet to find anything annoying! In PES3 players seemed to be locked in various pre set routines at times - not any more, players react instantly to play the ball when it is near to their person, headers, layoffs, volley passes, volley shots etc can all be carried off without fail. I know these things were possible in PES3 but it's just the feeling of freedom and reaction that you get from this game that puts it into a different league! There's also a new passing system where the analogue buttons are used to amazing effect! A slight press on the pass button sends the pass to a nearby player where a harder pass sends the ball to a player at the other side of the pitch! This gets away from the situation in PES3 where you would try a cross field ball by filling the height bar, only for the ball to go to a man stood 2 ft away! It's so instinctive and brilliant and works an absolute treat!

Anyway got to go - need another game!! If only I could read japanese :D

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I've been reading about this game over at evo-web & pes fan, everybody is raving about it. they also have some short videos of it over there & i must say it looks awesome. shame my ps2 is too old to be modded or i would have this game aswell.

Any chance of coming round for a game on your WE8 mate? :laugh:
    Roll on Evo4

3. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Shame LFC !!
    will be downloading this tonight bring it on
    will give you a report soon as it is done and im playing, this will start download tonight.

4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    I have the game and there is a slow down when taking corners and the computer seems to push my players over and nothing gets given.
    Still a great game I struggle to create chances as I seem to be wanting to pass it into the net.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    It's harder to score and the keepers and CPU AI seem a lot better. You really need to pass the ball about to develop chances, and the new passing system helps a lot here.

The graphics are improved with better player likeness, the new 2 man free kick system is great, the advantage rule is much improved and the refs seem much better as well!

6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    the game is awesome my mate had his delivered about 4 days ago and his house hasnt been empty since lol.the slowdown didnt bother me at first but its really starting to get on my nerves now,HOPEFULLY this will be ironed out for the uk release.im not sur if its just the fact the ps2 cant handle it or what but its bloody annoying.

and in preparation for it not being fixed in the uk release i have bought a xbox to ps2 converter for the xbox version :)

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    yeah the slow down on corners etc is a bit of a pain! You can get rid of it by turning off the crowd sound apparantly (not tried it yet) but you then lose the atmosphere.

The X-Box version should be better providing the new analogue passing, shooting, throughball and lob pass buttons still work the same. The addition of linking the distance/power/urgency of the pass or shot to how hard and urgently you press the button is great. If you want a hard cross field pass you give the button a hard press and for a slower/closer pass you press the button more lightly. The height bar then works as before depending on now long you hold the button down for.

I'll reserve judgement on which UK version to get as Konami have yet to make an X-Box PES game and as we all know being a more powerful machine doesn't always make the best version of a game. Playability is what counts and as things stand my only gripe at all about WE8 is the slowdown - everything else is football heaven!!

Anyway for the next 3 months or so this is the only version we have and boy is it going to get some play!!

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    HELP!!! I'm dangerously addicted to WE8!! I thought my PES3 addiction was bad but this is just crazy! :eek:

I seriously can't believe a game can be this good, it's virtually alive!

9. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    yup ive had this a few days now absolutly love it. been to evo-web got the option file to have all names in eng and d/l a translation patch and all my menu's r in english :) also got a new boot pack :) the game is gr8. id talk more on it but im off to play

10. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    bauer how easy is it to download and install these files and what is the bot pack? thanks in advance mate.