Winfast VC1100 Hardware Encoder

Seriously it is a bit of a niche kit
Although Probably better off getting of these and a quad core or i7 TBH:)
Apart from laptop I dont have any Dual core Pc anymore and the difference is very noticable..
( Save for a P4 3Ghz which imy 9 year old daughtrer uses for word processing and surfing the net)
However I also dont exclusively use a PC for encoding h.264. avc but it does look fairly affordable
Where were you thinking getting one from and how much is it in our money?

It's something that has been awaited, though of course some applications are beginning to support the hardware assist interface provided by Nvidia using their GPU: Ati have a similiar interface, but no one seems to have taken it up.
And there indeed is the rub: it needs the support of the NLE providers to take off. The Tom's hardware test was run using the old TMPGEnc stuff, but it would only be of use if people like Sony, Corel, Magix etc offer support.

It's something that has been awaited, though of course some applications are beginning to support the hardware assist interface provided by Nvidia using their GPU: Ati have a similiar interface, but no one seems to have taken it up.
And there indeed is the rub: it needs the support of the NLE providers to take off. The Tom's hardware test was run using the old TMPGEnc stuff, but it would only be of use if people like Sony, Corel, Magix etc offer support.
Indeed
Also even i3 processors felt to be no better than low end quadcore ( if that)
but have hardware decoding, encoding is "standard"

Finally managed to get one from pixmania, supposed to be bundled with tmpeg xpress, so taken into account the software + spursengine plugin costs £100 you get the card for £70 delivered which is not bad at all, now to look for a passive heatsink....:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom