1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDVD help please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Greg Hook, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Hi

Finally got my Ae100 showing wide480 as per my other thread on this forum but now have a slight windvd problem.

When I play a DVD with WINDVD I don't get the image on both the projector and the monitor. On one I get the image and on the other I just get a blank screen in the windvd window.

I only seem to get the DVD image on whatever I have set the primary monitor to be.

Is there an option in WINDVD to make it play on both screens or does it just not do this.

Its not really a major problem as its easy to change what the primary monitor is but I would prefer not to have to do it everytime.

Thanks
    Greg

2. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,are you using powerstrip?
    Theres options in there to set mulitple monitors.

I might be wrong,but i think your monitors have to be using the same res,unless they are set right.

so yr normal pc monitor may be out of range of the powerstrip set res, where as the projector isnt.

I have a hs10 (1366x768)but when using tt my lcd monitor doesn't display the film,although i have had this workin in the past,I dont know how i did it.:(

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Thanks for the reply.

I too had this working in the past, but after having to reinstall windvd once it hasn't worked since.

I am cloning the desktop onto the projector so the monitor is the same res as the projector.

I will try enabling multiple monitors in powerstrip to see if that works, but it seems to me as if its a WINDVD problem though.

Thanks
    Greg