WinDVD Help me to get it back please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JamesG, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JamesG

JamesG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I used WinDVD to play DVD's on my PC rather than using RealPlayer. Was deleting some software the other day to free up some hard drive space and I accidentally deleted WinDVD!!!!!

It was preloaded on my PC when I bought it and I notice Microsoft sell it on a stand alone basis. Question- is it a programme that comes as part of Office or part of Windows or is it not on either. How can I get it back without having to purchase it?

Ta
    JamesG

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Windvd is not from Microsoft and not part of windows.

It is from Intervideo

I am assuming even if it came preloaded on your PC the store you bought your PC from, even if it was included installed onto a Ghost disk, would still have given you the separate WinDVD installation CD when you bought the PC?.

I know when ever I or relatives have bought PC's with re-installation images on they have always included the CD's for PowerDVD, Works etc.

However as a Hail Mary attempt at fixing this. If you have had Windvd previously installed on your system you may, if you are lucky, still be able to obtain the registration licence from the registry via using an app like Magic Jelly Bean.

Code:
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/files/keyfinder.2.0.beta.4.zip
    Then all you will need to do is to download exactly! the same version of WinDVD you previously had installed and re-register using this registration info. I say exactly the same version, as I am assuming the version you had on your machine has long since been replaced with newer versions of WinDVD. And each upgrade required you buying a new licence from Intervideo.

But as I say you should have the correct Windvd installation CD's knocking about somewhere.

3. JamesG

JamesG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks, will follow your recommendations. PC was bought thru my employer which sourced it from BT who sourced from HP!!! Have done some research and established I have a partitioned hard drive with a small section reserved as a back up area rather than getting copies of CD's etc. Never accessed it so was struggling a bit and was not sure if WinDVD would have been in there somewhere.
    Thanks for your advice
    JamesG