Windvd 4 audio problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fatrich, Jul 18, 2002.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Can anyone please help, i have recently added windvd 4 to my other software dvd players which are windvd 3 and theatertek player, the latter 2 perform very well and are both very stable, i added the windvd 4 to see how it performed against the other 2 but i have no audio at all even though i have enabled the sp/dif to allow it to pass through to the processor, even with fiddling with the settings i still get no audio.
    I am using a m-audiophile 24/96 sound card and a radeon ve graphics card.
    The picture quality seem ok on the windvd4 it just bothers me that intervideo (to whom i e-mailed for support ) suggested that i went in to the player bar and select about !!! fat lot of good that is , there customer support stinks unlike the tt player

any advise would be welcome and appreciated

cheers

richard

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Funny you should mention that, I've junked mine!

3. pdweir

pdweir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got WinDVD 4 installed on one of my PCs, and it certainly doesn't pick up default sound settings nearly as well as PowerDVD XP.

However, try this: in the audio sound options, select Analog out (and apply). Depending on quite what your set-up is, you should now hear a standard analog out. Then change setting to SP/DIF out (apply).

For some reason, this works for me - SP/DIF now works fine.

Now, if I can just work out why WinDVD 4 plays my dts audio cd about 5 or 10% too fast . . . ;-)

Peter

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I tried messing about with mine, but it wouldn't pick up my spdif after that, let alone put sound out through it. I didn't get as far as finding out whether it played at the proper speed, just uninstalled it in a fit of pique...