Windscreen dilemma

Phragzy

Hi all,

I've got a huge crack in my windscreen which just came out the blue. I only have 3rd party fire and theft insurance so the windscreen isnt covered. Ive got a few quotes and the cheapest i can get is £326 which i just cant afford. I was thinking of cancelling my current policy and then applying for a fully comp plan. Ill only be charged £55 for cancellation and the windscreen excess charge is £75 so its alot cheaper route. Firstly is this legit or a :nono:

Thanks in advance

H

Honeywell1945

If you cancel your policy then take out a fully comp plan that is your perogative . To do it in order to have the screen replaced , well , if that is what comprehensive covers so be it I suppose , your paying the cover cost to be covered for such an event .

If you stay with the same company though then claim they might smell a rat .

Bilbob

For 326 quid, I presume it's a heated screen or something? Cos that's pricey, unless you only checked with the big boys.
Check with independants or lacal smaller companys. Hit yell.com!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If the windscreen costs £326, what is the car worth? Surely you should have comprehensive cover anyway?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom