• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Windows7 Starter to Home Basic

mike7

Distinguished Member
I've just bought a Toshiba NB200 Net book as a second computer. I'm loving its performance. Is it worth spending a bit of cash to upgrade the installed Windows 7 Starter to Home Premium? I don't intend to run a huge amount of programmes on it so I am not too worried about using up a huge chunk of memory.

My concern is whether it will slow things down to such an extent where it becomes unusable. I assume you can switch facilities off if you don't need them. I know it sounds crazy but you cannot even change the desktop picture in 'Starter'.

Any views? I'm sticking with Vista Home Premium on my other machine. I noticed that until recently most netbook/laptops stuck to XP as the install of choice.

Last edited:

Blotch

Established Member
I find Win 7 Home Premium no slower than XP SP3 on my Acer One netbook - runs well enough for me....:D

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom