Windows XP embedded

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jeff, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Microsoft do a version of XP that can be heavily customised for use in turn-key type solutions. I thought that it might be interesting to try for HTPC use. You can order a 120 day trial version for $6 (more like $30 with shipping). Mines in the post. Warning: If it works out, the current introduction price for the software is $995 :D

2. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Jeff

It does indeed look interesting, let me know if you want a hand playing with it. I'm a bit gutted I don't get a copy with my MSDN subscription and if I do I'll definitly be getting having a good play.

Would be especially good for getting rid of all the other rubbish and having just enough to run a media player and DScaler loaded up. Should be pretty stable as there will be very little to go wrong.

Let us know how you fare, you might have to come out with XP Jeff edition or something.

John

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've achieved pretty much the same thing with modifying XP Pro Jeff. At that price it may be a cost to far :D