1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP doesn't recognize my camcorder :(

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by onlyonesandman, Jul 16, 2002.

1. onlyonesandman

onlyonesandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Tried to install my JVC DVL160 to my computer using firewire. All goes fine untill I plug in my camcorder in my firewire card and I hear XP making a "there is new hardware detected" sound and doesn't do anything further. HMMM. The device manager aswell doesn't show my camcorder.

Can someone please help me??

Tnx.

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Seems as if JVC has a corner on connectivity problems.
    I havn't tried the IEEE 1394 yet but if USB is any indication,
    try removing it from the hardware configuration and reconnecting it with the cd installed. Follow all instructions carefully. If this fails take it back to the store or have it serviced . Mine needed 6 weeks of service to work.
    I hope someone has more knowlege on firewire.
    Drafter

3. nkasic

nkasic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have JVC GR-DVP9 and worked fine on my XP laptop, but I couldn't make it work on Win2k. It wasn't detected.
    I spent 2 weeks and discovered just last night that it works when I unplugged my network cable. I tried everything before, re-shuffled cards, re-installed software several times etc.
    At the end I replaced network card and now it works fine.
    Strange.
    Network card and connection was working fine otherwise.
    Nik