Windows XP and PC to Plasma Connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Aussiedude, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Aussiedude

Aussiedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gday Guys.....

Please excuse my ignorance in asking this question - I have done a search on the forum and cant find the answer that I am looking for.

I am trying to connect a Windows XP computer using a VGA connection to a LG 42PX5D plasma. I have tried 2 different desktops and a laptop with no success.

When I fire up the computer, the BIOS start screen appears on the Plasma. The Windows XP logo appears as the computer boots up, but as soon as the load is complete I get a "No Signal" message moving around the Plasma.

I have tried changing the resolution on the computers to 1024x768 at 60Hz as suggested by the manufacturer, but with no success. I have also tried lower resolutions and screen depths still with no success.

I have changed the screen layout as well from 16:9 and 4:3 with no success.

I have connected an LCD monitor to the computers and they are outputting fine to the LCD, just no output onto the plasma.

The computers used are a IBM Netvista desktop with integrated video and a Toshiba Satellite using a VGA out connection. Neither computers seem to work.

I am either missing something simple, or I am completely clueless.

I always thought of myself as a fairly intelligent man until I bought a plasma and now realise how little I really know about technology.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions that you might be able to offer.

Kind regards

Aussiedude

2. Tainted

Tainted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You left out what I consider one crucial detail... what video card and what drivers?

Read the manual and see what supported resolution and hz this screen has on the VGA input.

Do you have a DVI or HDMI input. Might have success outputting a 720 or 1080i signal specially if you using a ATI card. They great for HD signals. I find my Nvidia crap when trying to output 1080i to my PD7200 even trying different modelines. But ATI works perfectly?

My screen has a option for DVI-PC or DVI-STB. The PC option works great for booting the PC and seeing it post and most resolutions upto 1280x720 and then 1920x1080i depending on card. The STB options only works on 1280x720 and 1920x1080i.

Check your menus under something along the lines of setup??

Good luck.

Remember once it's setup you will have nothing to setup.....
    It gets boring after that... :D