Windows picture and fax viewer - Background colour?

weyland-yutani

How do i change the background colour in Windows picture and fax viewer? The white is just hurting my eyes after a while and giving me headaches. Any ideas?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I think your screen brightness is a bit high. I wouldn't have thought there is any way to change the background colour but there are plenty of other image viewers with different background colours.

weyland-yutani

it's weird how i can change the background colour on every other windows background but not this feature. i just didn't want to adjust the monitor settings as that affects the whole picture, then, which throws the colour balance off. it's my eyes that are sensitive to high contrast, i think.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
it's weird how i can change the background colour on every other windows background but not this feature. i just didn't want to adjust the monitor settings as that affects the whole picture, then, which throws the colour balance off. it's my eyes that are sensitive to high contrast, i think.

Most decent monitors of the last few years dim the backlight as you change brightness leaving contrast the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom